23 January 2007

The previous post in photos

As I said in my previous post..I have a thing for big cities!
So when I found myself in the biggest city of all, New York, I think that very first night, at Bryant Park (btn 5th and Madison I think), I felt so happy and complete (rare for me).
We were two silly people taking photos of each other, in the middle of the night, in the middle of New York! It was such a beautiful night....warm, sensual. oh so happy!

And then... a Sunday morning, I found myself in a small cafe in West Village. We decided, as it was raining to take a "brunch break". So we bought our Sunday Times ( I am a newspaper and magazine freak), ordered HUGE Cafe au lait and read, while listening to Edith Piaf in the background. From time to time, I was looking outside the window, at the yellow taxis passing by, in the pooring rain. I felt an instant "long moment of true happiness" and a sense of belonging (how can you feel that in a country that's so different from yours?).

One day, as the sun was setting down, we crossed Brooklyn Bridge and went to the small park under the bridge to watch Manhattan by light... (photo taken with mobile phone). So nice, so "cinematic". Couldn't believe I was there. Couldn't believed I was so lucky to experience such an amazing scenery... (also, decided that if I were in love in NY I would take my date there, at that small park and kiss - so Rome and Juliette I know!).

A week later I found myself in Paris. The good thing was that...well that Paris is so romantic!
The bad thing was that I wasn't in love there!
Paris is a big city, impressive, full of lights, beautiful images, erotic vibes.

The other thing with the big cities, is that there will be moments like this one. Out of nowhere you will find yourself in a room, near Patti Smith! You and hundreds of people from all over the world ( forgot to tell you that as I was walking in 5th Av in NY I saw Rod Stewart performing outside the Apple Store). So in Paris, Patti and I (well, and 500hundred guests) sang together "Because the night"....belongs to lovers! I decided, that the next time I was going to visit Paris it would be with the "love of my life" ( if that exists, because I doubt that mine lives in this solar system!).

Anyway, after Paris and NY I decided that I really had to come to my base and earn a living ( so I can make more trips). But this didn't last long because I had to go for work to Athens.
Well Athens is one of my favourite cities. I visit it at least three times a year. I have really good friends there, we go out a lot and actually Athens does feel like a big city! You can sit at a cafe, drink your coffee, read your book and no one will bother you. Or you can go to bookshops, galleries...oh I just love it!




So....yes....Big City Lights...adore them....want to live in a big city...but i think i am too much of a coward...












No comments: