08 January 2007

Card reading

A few years back, a friend of mine told me that she went to a woman who "reads cards", in other words she tells you about the future. She told me that, that woman was amazing. I wasn't much of a believer in these things so I did not pay much attention. However, after sometime, I was intrigued. I didn't like my job, had boy/girl friend issues and to cut a long story short, I was SO curious to find out about my future. So I went to that woman. And she told me all those things about me ( firstly they start telling you about the past) and they were all true! And then she told me about my future. I don't remember if any of these things came true after a while. Anyways, some months ago I went to this really famous tarot-reader. I was working with a women who did a lot of research on these things. So again I did not like my job ( now that I am thinking of it, I might as well accept the fact that my dream job is certainly NOT in this country!), I again had boy/girl issues ( i.e being single for too long) and I had again the need to see if my life was going to get better anytime soon! Sounds pathetic eh?
Anyway, I went and as she was telling me things I was recording her words.
She said nice things and most importantly she said that I was going to fall in love soon! However, I was still sceptic, thinking that there wasn't a chance in this world that I will ever find the love of my life!
Last night, I listened, for the first time after 6 months, to that recording. And guess what! Three of the things she told me that were going to to happen have happened! She predicted that my dad will have a health issue (he 's going to be operated today), that I was going to have an issue with my hormones ( four days ago the results of my blood tests came out - I have low hormone level and low estrogen level - hence my depression I think) and that I was going to get a job offer ( I have, three months ago and started a new job, a month ago).
So I am thinking....what if the whole "you are going to fall in love very soon" is going to come true? Is it possible?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the whole think is somewhat ambiguous..I don't know..but even for me some aspects of my life ,activities,associations are exacerbating..
I am saggitarius,according to the zodiac's experts ,2007 is the YEAR..I don't know sometimes i think that these are just a bunch of crap..You see,i think the majority of the people-even me- think that our life path is in some sense predetermined and we have no control over it..In some sense i think that is true,because life is inherently a chaotic "issue" or "thing" which mathematically chaotic systems are defined as a systems which are very sensitive with their initial "parameters",hence it can be interpeted that is unpedictable-at least in long term scale-,and the funny thing-at least for me- is that chaos is intrinsically deterministic and not "probabilistic" ...wow..what an intellectual fallacy or even better VOMIT..!!
Sometimes statistically what mediums-phychics they say is true..But have you ever heard the term self-fulfilling prophecy,is a term in cognitive phychology i think which is defined as the state which somebody has a thought or idea and eventually it becomes true.For instance i think that i will not pass an exam,and subconsciously i prepare my self to fail..and finally i fail...:)
Have you ever thought about it?...
cheers
Yannis

Vida said...

Hi Yannis!
Wow what an answer!!!
Ok I still have me thoughts on psychics to be honest with you.
But somethings do come true and they do not because you have subconsciously thought of them...confusing.
I agree with your last sentence though. But in regards to things that we can control e.g failing or not in the exams.

Alessandra Cave said...

I don;t like feeling influenced by a reading... But if it is inspiring and uplifting, why not believe in it? I think we attract what is in our mind more than anything. Do you want to fall in love? Sounds like it ;) Well... Better believe in it, then.

Vida said...

Hi alex :)
Ι think you are right. plus that's a very zen approach!
So for instance now that I need only to travel i should focus on it :)

(falling in love, i think it is way too difficult!)