02 April 2007

Here comes the sun baby....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Remember this song by Nina Simone?


This is how I feel this day. Today I let the sun burn my skin just a bit.
I opened my car window and let the fresh air and the flower scents come into my world.
And the sun was there, welcoming me, giving me the much needed light and energy.
Thank you!

I was kinda low this weekend. On a scale of ten I would rate my mood a two. Yes, only a two.
I went out, met with friends, went to the cinema but still...

I "tried" to be alone at my home, on Sunday, all by myself. I need it this period.
It helps me to accept me. Or, rather it helps me "find" who I really am.
And although sometimes, I cannot stand being alone in my empty apartment, I think that's a stage that I need to go through.

I guess I haven't been loving me enough during the last couple of years.
And although I did lots of things like reading many books, watching a lot of movies, going to art galleries, traveling, educating my self in other words I still did not teach myself how to be,
just be.

So this is my task for this spring ( and summer)....

...with a little help from the sun!

5 comments:

het (aka quickfit) said...

Goodevening
' me time ' and being yourself
these are the best things in the world, that, and being comfortable in your own skin..

create the time and make the time

ciao4now

The Mad Hatter said...

Glad the sun is shining for you chick ... shined a lot for me too the last couple of days ... but that was thanks to somones else putting a smile on my face ;-)

I love alone time ... me time ... sometimes round here its impossible to get it but when it happens ... I treasure it more!

Kisses babe XxXxXxXxXxXx

Ps. get some sun cream chick and someone to rub it on ... you dont wanna be burning ;-)

Vida said...

Hello ladies

@het welcome to my not so important blog! "being comfortable in your own skin" is the hardest task I have ever done....or tried to at least.


@maddy The sun surely shines when someone causes it :)
Getting someone to rub the cream on my is my second task this period :))

Mimey said...

So hard to love yourself the way you are. Yes sunshine helps, but those days when you loathe your own company AND the sun's shining are particularly desperate.

It's all a learning process, right? If it was easy it wouldn't be worth a thing.

Vida said...

Yes Jenima you are right...those days are the hardest. That's why I was gladed the other day, because for just a few hours I was really ok!
Learning is a lot more difficult that I thought though...