21 September 2008

Doors opening?

The weekend was sweet.
Met up with friends, went out for dinner AND clubbing, an open-air one. Also slept a lot, worked quit a bit, drunk too much coffee, thought a lot as always and wanted to have more free time to see my friends.
You know , this period , when a relationship is over and you go over a "hurting" period, is quite interesting. You realise that you've progressed as a person but don;t know how. Yet you see how different your life is now.
I am sure that I am in a better position than let's say 2 years ago.At least now I can see my issues. Not that I am happy, thinking about them, but it's a start.
It took too much pain to see that, I have been distancing people my whole life. So now, I am trying to let more people in. I am not very good at. But I am more relaxed about it. Which counts for something, right?

2 comments:

Mimey said...

and sometimes knowing you're better off the way things are is plain for anyone to see, and other times it takes a hell of a lot of convincing to believe it. that's what I've found. sounds like you're making a lot of progress and growing into a strong person. you don't write as if you're cold hearted. self defense. I reckon she wouldn't feel the need to call you names if she wasn't threatened by your growth. x

Vida said...

Hey Mimey :) Goodmorning.
Yes you are absolutely right. Sometimes I feel sooo strong ( and put amy MacDonald cd loud in the car lol) and other times I am missing her, or thinking that it's as if she never existed and it hurts. It's a lot of mixed feelings this period. Tiring , but I guess you know that.
I am not a cold-hearted person, I am exactly the opposite. but I can't go through the same things/situations. I feel exhausted.

I don't know why she keeps calling me names. All this bad bad energy. Doesn't make sense you know.

Thanks :)
x